Welcome!

Welcome to my New Blog. This blog is for sharing my crafting ideas and my cutting files that I create primarily using the Make the Cut Software and my electronic cutters which include my 18" Black Cat Cougar, a Silhouette SD, and an original Expression.

All files and information shared here is for your personal use only. Please contact me if you wish to use any items commercially, for blog contests, or to submit for magazine publication. Thank you.

Friday, January 6, 2012

Another "Pop-up" Card - Enhanced with Color

After I reposted my last post about the Lettering Delights Snowman Pop-up Card which I had "enhanced" with color and used the "Print and Cut" functionality of MTC and my cutters I remembered that I had done another "Pop-up" Card before Halloween that I had never gotten around to showing on my blog. (I did post it in a card challenge on the Black Cat Forum so you may have seen it there if you peruse those boards). Instead of making it a "print and cut" however, I had made it a file to "paper piece" together.
I had found this site - http://www.robertsabuda.com when I was googling around on the Internet one day. He has a bunch of free templates for making different types of pop-up cards. He provides PDF files of his images that you would then cut by hand. I used one of his templates and created my own cut file for it using MTC. I made it so I could cut the "base" image in black and then made the "pieces" to cut out in colored paper as well. I did that using the new knife feature in MTC 4.+. (Lovng the new features in MTC - makes creating files so much easier!) The front of the card is some halloween paper that I had that already had the haunted house image and I just cut it to size. Wording is a stamp I had. I used a MS spider web punch on the corners of the wording block. Drew in the face. Hope you like it and I have shown you some other ideas as to how to use MTC and its new tools to take files you already have or find and make them your own!
Unfortunately, I don't feel that I can share my MTC file since the file was simply created using Robert's PDF file. However, creating your own using Robert's PDF files and the tools in MTC is really very simple to do and I encourage you to give it a try. I would be happy to answer any questions that you had. Just leave me a comment. If you do give one of Robert's files I try, I would love to see what you create. Come back and leave me a comment with a link!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment