Welcome!

Welcome to my New Blog. This blog is for sharing my crafting ideas and my cutting files that I create primarily using the Make the Cut Software and my electronic cutters which include my 18" Black Cat Cougar, a Silhouette SD, and an original Expression.

All files and information shared here is for your personal use only. Please contact me if you wish to use any items commercially, for blog contests, or to submit for magazine publication. Thank you.

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Treat Bag - SVG File

Another old post from 2009 from my old blog.  I made this into a Halloween Treat bag but it can easily be made into a treat bag for any holiday, season, or reason.  Simply remove the "witch" and use another image of your choice.

I love magazines with patterns!  I had picked up the Sept/Oct 2009 edition of the Paper Crafts magazine.  It has several cute ideas in it for Halloween.  One idea was a "Haunted House Treat Box" designed by Daniela Dobson on page 44 of the magazine.   The pattern for the "Treat Bag" was available to download from their website, http://www.papercraftsmag.com/index.html. It is really just a simple little bag who's finished size is about 3 1/4" x 5 1/4" x 1 3/4".  The "Haunted House" part was just decorative paper added as a "wrap" to the bag.

Back in 2009, I downloaded the pattern, scanned it into my computer, and imported it into Inkscape and converted it into an .svg file. Now with MTC and several of the other programs there is no need to use Inkscape first.  I could have scanned it directly into MTC.

Here in my sample file I created, I added the witch brewing in her caldron .svg file that was posted yesterday to the middle of the bag to cut out the image.  I then added a piece of acetate or clear plastic to the inside of the bag over the "hole" left by the witch cut out. This allows you to "see" into the bag.  I then used my MS drippy goo punch to punch out a strip that I added to the top of my bag.  I then cut a larger "wrap" to add to the bottom and stamped "Boo to You" and wrapped it around the bag.  I then added some stickles to the drippy goo and the "boo to you".

If you have a 4shared account, you can download the .svg "treat bag" file here.   If you don't have 4shared, I have added the file to my Dropbox account and you can download it from here: Dropbox Treat Bag .svg file.

If you don't want the witch to cut out, simply delete it from the file or replace it with a different object, a cupcake with a candle, ballons, a snowman, etc.  Anything that would fit your "theme".

Have fun and let me see what you create with the file.  The score lines are not marked.  Again, I think that they are "obvious" but if not, you can find the original pattern with the score marks online at Paper Crafts magazine's website listed above (Please note: as this is an old post, I have not verified that this article and file can still be found at the Paper Crafts website.)  However, it is missing one scoreline on the bottom flap.  In addition, the way this pattern is laid out and cuts, you will need to hand cut a little more the two side "flaps" up to the score line to fold properly.  Please let me know if you have any questions or problems!  Thanks for "popping in".

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Elements post on Sep. 11, 2009. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete