Welcome!

Welcome to my New Blog. This blog is for sharing my crafting ideas and my cutting files that I create primarily using the Make the Cut Software and my electronic cutters which include my 18" Black Cat Cougar, a Silhouette SD, and an original Expression.

All files and information shared here is for your personal use only. Please contact me if you wish to use any items commercially, for blog contests, or to submit for magazine publication. Thank you.

Monday, October 8, 2012

Jack-O-Lantern Basket




Another old post from my blog for Halloween.  However, the idea or concept could be used for any season or holiday.

This is a quick and easy project using your electronic cutters and a small basket.  I am not sharing any cut files as it would be easy to recreate my idea but the sizing will vary based upon the basket used.

Measure the "circle" of your basket and cut a circle out of orange vinyl to fit the lid of the basket.  cut around any hinges that may be on the top of the lid (mine had a leather strap that I used to be the "stem").  Apply the orange circle to the top of your lid.  Then cut out the jack-o-lantern's face from black vinyl.  You could use the dbjackopatterns from Lettering Delights to creat a .svg or .mtc file or any other place you can find "jack-o-lantern" faces to easily create your own basket.

No comments:

Post a Comment