Welcome!

Welcome to my New Blog. This blog is for sharing my crafting ideas and my cutting files that I create primarily using the Make the Cut Software and my electronic cutters which include my 18" Black Cat Cougar, a Silhouette SD, and an original Expression.

All files and information shared here is for your personal use only. Please contact me if you wish to use any items commercially, for blog contests, or to submit for magazine publication. Thank you.

Thursday, March 22, 2012

When looking for the football outline for the T-shirt to share, I ran across this football shaped card that I had also made last Fall but had never shared the cut file for.  I originally made the card to give to my son to celebrate scoring his first Varsity Touchdown!  He is just a freshman so that was a really big deal!  PLUS, it was even bigger because neither myself nor my husband was there to see it!  : (  In our defense, our school has to travel alot for our games and both DD and DS had games that night (she plays Volleyball).  He was 2-3 hours away and she was at home.  As a Freshman, he indicated that he probably would not get into that game so no need for one of us to come!  Alas, not true!!  We were winning by a good margin already and they put him in towards the end of the game and he scored!  I was so happy and yet so sad!  I did get to see it on the "Web" as we broadcast our games that way!  Anyway, I knew I needed to make him a card to celebrate and let him know we were sorry we missed it and we proud of his hard work and effort that gave him the opportunity to play.

There are several layers to the card.  There is a black base and then there are two white layers in the file.  I think I just went with the one with the 3 pieces cut rather than the solid white base.  I used the swiss dots embossing folder to add the texture and then used some ink to "rough" it up and make it look like a well used football.

You can download the  .mtc (Make the Cut) Football Shaped Card here.

No comments:

Post a Comment