Welcome!

Welcome to my New Blog. This blog is for sharing my crafting ideas and my cutting files that I create primarily using the Make the Cut Software and my electronic cutters which include my 18" Black Cat Cougar, a Silhouette SD, and an original Expression.

All files and information shared here is for your personal use only. Please contact me if you wish to use any items commercially, for blog contests, or to submit for magazine publication. Thank you.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Frog Card created with file from Royal Inspirations SVG site


Hello everyone.  Thanks for stopping by.  No files of my own to share today but I wanted to show you this card that I made with a file from my friend Retta's new site, Royal Inspirations SVG. I have obtained several of her new files recently and wanted to share a few of them with you here.  I have two things made already, this card and something else I will share with you tomorrow.  Retta's files are amazing and contain a lot of detail work but yet still cut so easily with my Make the Cut software and my Black Cat Cougar. So don't be fooled by the name of her site, she not only has SVG files, but she also provides her files ready to go for Make the Cut (MTC) and Sure Cuts A Lot (SCAL) users.  With those three options, she is sure to have a file type that will work for almost everyone!

This jumping frog is Retta's file.  I added a quick crown and lily pad of my own.  The corners of the mat were punched using a Martha Stewart punch.  I thought it looked like "bubbles" of water!  Notice all the detail to the frog!  Didn't Retta do a great job with all the detail to make him so adorable!  I thought he would make a cute card to send to my niece who recently broke up with her boyfriend.  I decided not to add any wording to the front of the card and simply added it to the inside.  Inside I put, "Look at it this way . . . another frog has been eliminated so you are that much closer to finding your handsome prince!"  I think she will appreciate it!  (She broke up with him so all is good there!) I pop dotted the frog and the crown up for dimension after adding some inking and glitter pen work.  I embossed and inked the lily pad as well.  It was a quick and simple card that I hope will make my niece laugh and it was so simple using Retta's handsome frog!  Be sure to stop by Retta's new shop and see all the other wonderful files she has to offer. You can find her site, Royal Inspirations, SVG here: http://www.mainstreetartsandcrafts.com/rettas/.

As always, thanks for stopping by!  I have another file of Retta's to share with you tomorrow.  It is even more adorable and great for a special birthday!  Then, I have some other things that I have been working on in the past few months but haven't found the time to sit down and share with you yet so be sure and stop back by soon and I will do my best to get those added too!

No comments:

Post a Comment